Sunday, May 15, 2011

Salmon BLTs

There is nothing more summery than a good ole’ BLT.  Especially, when you pluck a big, juicy tomato right off the vine to slice up and sandwich between lettuce and bacon.  Well, let’s take it a step further.  Nothing and I mean nothing tastes better during the summer than a Grilled Salmon BLT.  I am sure people from coast to coast have tried this or at least thought of this sandwich before but it wasn’t until last summer did my husband and I come up with this delectable creation.  It was so tasty that it became our ‘signature summer sandwich’ last year and is going to be made for the 1st time this season coming up this Saturday for my father-in-law’s birthday dinner.  Check out this classic recipe made with a fishy twist!

Grilled Salmon BLT’s
1 bag Ciabatta rolls (we get the bake at home ones from the bakery at Hy-Vee)
15 oz. salmon
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Mayo (Hellman’s Olive Oil Mayo with Cracked Peppercorn is excellent and adds some zip!)
1 lb. bacon

1.     Grill salmon as desired- season to taste (my husband really likes his marinated in something but I prefer mine plain)
2.     As salmon is grilling, halve each roll and place on top shelf in grill or in indirect heat.
3.     Wash and prepare lettuce and tomatoes.
4.     Add bacon to grill when 5-10 minutes left for salmon.
Once salmon and bacon are cooked through, remove meat and bread from grill.  Assemble sandwiches as desired. Here again, my husband prefers his salmon flaked on sandwich and I prefer a halved salmon fillet.  Serves 4; 2 sandwiches each.


Want to make a meal? Try these recipes…
Red Plum and Napa Cabbage Slaw, Rainbow Tomatoes and White Beans and Black Forest Parfaits

No comments:

Post a Comment